Monday, March 31

Sunday Reflections

So I wanted to write this yesterday, but I had too much to do until now.

Saturday was a rough day for school, but it ended really well. My best friend and I stayed up late on Saturday and talked about a variety of things. I have been so busy lately, and it was really encouraging to spend time talking with him. I walked away with a deeper love for the grace of God that night. The more I hear about my fellow believers' lives, the more I end up encouraged by the workings of our Lord. Between my best friend, and hearing the testimony of another friend this weekend at a birthday party, I have been moved towards trusting the Lord more in his gracious works. I can think about my own lif and how the Lord has called me and be amazed by God's grace, but the more I learn about my fellow beleivers and the innumerable ways in which the Lord has drawn people to himself the more I just am filled with joy and awe our God! Saturday night (Sunday morning...) I went to bed just filled with a joy, a joy in knowing more about how the Lord has worked. Praise the Lord!

Sunday morning... went to church with my friends and Scott closed his message by quoting two verses:

Psalm 107.28-32
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! Let them extol him in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.

Isaiah 43.2-3a
When you pass through the water, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

Now, here's the cool part... After church I went to prepare to teach my Sunday school lessons. I opened up my curriculum and the verse for the week was the quoted Isaiah verse! It was so encouraging to read that and teach to my kids that God is with you in hard times.

And the Lord is. He's always there when you're going through hard times. Praise the Lord and rejoice in his goodness.

No comments: