Sunday, April 6

Sunday Update

I got a card from someone today that was really encouraging. The last few days have been peaceful as I've seen the Lord's strength in my weaknesses, but they have also been taxing. The Lord really blessed me with the card that quoted:

Psalm 31.1-3
"In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me! Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me."

Sometimes you have those moments when you feel the Lord sends you something where you see his grace in such perfect timing that you stand back and praise him. You're encouraged by the actions of others, but the timing is just so perfect that you fall to your knees in praise to the Lord. That's how I felt today when I recieved that card. I read the first half of the card and just stopped and thanked the Lord for being Him being my rock this week. He has just poured grace and peace and mercy upon me abundantly.

The second half was encouraging as well. God has been showing me so much grace through several friends here. From my best friend to a friend I have not seen in weeks, the Lord has just reminded me over and over of his goodness. In hard times its so good to be around those who praise the Lord. What a blessing my brothers and sisters are that I have in Christ! My 'extended' family is such a blessing.

This morning in church we sang Psalm 62. I first learned this song in the back of the CALTC building in Almaty, Kazakhstan. I remember it vividly. "Only in God is my soul at rest in him is my salvation, he only is my rock, my strength, and my salvation. My stronghold, my Savior, I shall not be afraid at all. My stronghold, my Savior, I shall not be moved." It's a simple, melo, understated song, and Psalm 62 has so encouraged me in so many circumstances. When will the peace and strength of my Lord not comfort? I've seen the Lord give me peace in the blood of Christ, in witnessing to Kazakhs, in sitting down with homeless in Skid Row, in leaving friends, in confronting people in sin, in so many circumstances and situations. God alone is my rock and salvation.

No comments: