Tuesday, March 25

2 Timothy

So in theology class today I decided to read 2 Timothy. The Lord really encouraged me and challenged me.

Here are some quick thoughts and commands from the book:

God gave us a spirit NOT of fear...
... but LOVE, POWER, and SELF-CONTROL

GOD called me because of his own PURPOSE and GRACE

Be STRENGTHENED by the GRACE in CHRIST JESUS

Pursue RIGHTEOUSNESS, FAITH, LOVE, and PEACE

Be KIND to ALL
Be able to TEACH
PATIENTLY endure evil
CORRECT with GENTLENESS

So that "God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured to do his will."



I had a challenging and encouraging conversation with Siona today. I was definitely encouraged in Christ's grace during our conversation, and it was joyful to rejoice and glory in his grace together. But, I also feel challenged to an even more radical love and more dependent prayer life. The Cross can break the chains of any sin. The grace of our Lord can cover the most vile of all sins. May we be reminded of the grace we've been shown, and may we plead with the world to repent and receive that wonderous grace!

Ona and I talked about the fact that Christ is alive! Amen. We talked about being so amazed at Christ and so joyful in his grace that that knowledge and experience of loving and walking with him causes us to rejoice to in all circumstances. We know Christ and therefore rejoice. I feel like words on this page can't describe what I'm trying to convey.

Praise the Lord for his grace! And plead with the Lord to show that grace to sinners!

No comments: