Monday, September 24

A Russian Day





So this morning I went with Amy into Los Angeles. We began by taking the train into the city... fun to take the train! A double-decker train. Went to a Russian Orthodox Church. It was unlike anything I expected. It was traditon heavy, but organic and fluid. Beautiful, kracevaya, music! Really eye opening to me. To see the veil that is shrouds the Cross is sad, but some truth is still shared. Seeing people bowing down and kissing icons was strange, but it makes me want to study their beliefs more to understand how they can worship icons when they hear Christ.

Went to a Russian resturant and ordered shashleek. It was amazing! Almost as good as it was in Kazakhstan. Then, went to a Russian bookstore and found a cool old book and postcards. Had a blast speaking in Russian to the owner. Then, found a Russian bakery and bought the same cookies I ate with Pasha in Kazakhstan! I was so excited! Brought back so many memories.

I love the Russian culture and people so very much. It was such a blessing to share their culture with a good friend of mine. I love it so dearly, it was such a joy to show a friend what I love.

No comments: