Tuesday, September 4

Labor Day





Well Labor Day weekend was nice. Almost too nice. I feel spoiled to have spent an extra day off, having fun and hanging out with friends. Saturday continued to be a great day after my last post. Amy, Brittney, and Ally and I were playing cards and wanted to do something more random. So we headed to BJ's and got a pizookie, and then proceeded to take a picture for each letter in the alphabet... ASL style. So much fun. Got back sometime around 11pm or something.

Sunday was church. Another amazing sermon by Scott. I am so encouraged by his preaching... God continues to teach me much through him. I feel so many times that I have so many questions, and I am blessed with a solid church that I can grow in. It's easy to overlook all the blessings that we have here at Masters, but I am humbled to remember how blessed I am to have such a surrounding of brothers and sisters and such a strong church to hear the Word preached in. We talked about suffering and its necessity (as pertains to the gospel being spread). And about our need to reach out to the sick and lost not just the nice and self-righteous. I was reminded of Mrs. Bell and other missionaries I've talked to in Kazakhstan, and what truths they have taught me that put these ideas into practical use. Mrs. Bell reaching out to the AIDS-suffering, and offering the hope of Christ. The sick can see the need for a Physician, the lost can see their need for a Savior. Suffering, as I've heard from missionaries in closed countries, is necessary to the growth and spreading of the gospel.

Monday was a day of fun. Amy, Stephen, Brittney, Ally, Caroline, and I headed into Los Angeles to the LA County Museum of Art. What a fun museum! Huge, but had a great diverse range of art. I loved the Egyptian, Islamic, Nepal, and 18th Century European especially. Went to the tar pits and downtown Hollywood as well. Came back and watched 'Emperor's New Groove.' Talked to a couple of my friends for a while as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are one busy guy! Thanks for sharing what is going on down at Masters... the fun you are having!
We miss you here though.
Love,
Mom and Dad
ps love the pictures :)