Tuesday, February 5

New News

Well, I suppose most of you who read this already know... but I have a girlfriend now! My good friend Amy and I became 'official' last Thursday. We've been great friends for a long time - we did theatre together 10 years ago, and then became close friends here when I transfered to Master's College last spring. It's been so much fun strengthening the friendship that we already have. There's no girl that I can talk as freely about the Lord or Christ or grace or the Bible with, and there's no girl who I enjoy being around more. We've done so many fun things together: going into San Francisco, visiting a Russian Church in Los Angeles, been on numerous hikes, and the list goes on. So, needless to say, I'm super excited!

These past couple weeks have been pretty ridiculous at times, but I've learned so much through the times the Lord has placed before me. I've been refreshed in seeing the Spirit work in guys lives on my wing - being reminded that my God is alive and active. I have seen Scripture come alive numerous times. Ephesians 3.20-21 "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Praise the Lord! I have seen the love of Christ displayed to me in many of friends, especially Tanner, Josh T., Josh B., Josh T., Siona, Joe K., Amanda, Jody, Caroline, and Valinda. It's been so humbling to see their care and love for not only me but for those I love as well. It's been amazing to get to teach Sunday School (3rd and 4th graders!) with Amy and to teach our children about the truths of God's Word. These last two sundays the Lord has let us teach on subjects that have been on our hearts lately. I have seen the utter grace that God gives in all circumstances. From who the Lord let me be roommates with, to the timing of certain friend's returns to the dorm; from the encouraging converstation, to the challenging prayer. The Lord is ever pushing me on towards knowing him more. To see how previous trials that seemed random teach me so much in some current trials! Praise the Lord! I've been refreshed to hear the gospel preached on sunday night and to be reminded of the implications of Christ's love for me and his forgiveness of my sins and what that means in my relation to my brothers.

So much is going on... and I am so excited to continue to see where the Lord takes me in my walk with him. James 1.2-3 says "Count it all joy my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." What an encouragement it has been to have joy in Christ when all things seem wrong AND when all things seem right.

I'll leave you with a great quote from a song by Hillsong:

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades.
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame.
And the cry of my heart, is to give you praise.
From the inside out, Lord my soul cries out.

1 comment:

Boggy said...

aww, but see, that's why you make posts like these, for people like me who have no idea what's going on down there. Well, God bless, I'll be continuing to pray for you man!