Saturday, February 16

Valentine's Day

Well, it's Saturday, and I've been at my homework for the past 3 hours. I decided I could use a break... and what other great thing to do during a quick break than write a blog?

Thursday was Valentine's Day - and what an amazingly fun day it was! Thursday morning Amy and I gave each other 'sweet' cards before walking to class. All I'll say is that they are hysterical and nice. I had lunch with Steve Severance (Kent's dad). It was a really encouraging lunch and he asked some great questions. My best friend and I went out to figure out some things for the night. Came back from that, and Amy had surprised me with a journal with Russian writing (!!) and candy. So sweet! She totally surprised me =) Amy and I had night class together - our favorite class - Dr. Roland's "Early National Period of the United States." We were going out after class, so we went to class all dressed up! Went out to 'our' Starbucks for our thursday night ritual. Met up with my best friend and his girlfriend and...

Went to Hollywood! What a blast and great way to finish the evening! We all went to Grauman's Chinese Theatre (the famous theatre with the handprints in the concrete) and saw Jumper!! We had all been to the theatre on the outside - never on the inside. What a pleasant surprise - the theatre was amazingly beautiful on the inside. An old 1920s movie house restored! The movie wasn't incredible, but our time together was. We got to roam around the Kodak Theatre region and take goofy pictures. Stopped at McDonlands on the way back for sundaes, and then made it back to Hotchkiss about 1.30am.

I had an amazing time throughout the entire day! It was such a blessing to spend so much time with my girlfriend, and then to catch up with my best friend and his girlfriend. For Amy and I, it was great to return back to Hollywood - that's where we had experienced 'russia' last semester. So many great memories in Hollywood. (shout out to my family - Hollywood! in the Taurus). Well, I need to get back to school... but that's a little recap of a great day!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! :)
AE

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that the Taurus was right at home in Hollywood. Did the ceiling get tapped a few time for old times sake! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Dad