Tuesday, January 22

God is Good

I feel like I could write a book right now, but for the sake of those who read this I will try and keep this short. I realized that I haven’t written anything here for about a week… and in that past week so much has happened. Externally, I finished my winterim class, attended the Truth and Life Conference here at Masters, went on two hikes, went to Big Bear for snow, and started school. “Internally” the Lord has taught me so much these past few days, it’s been an incredible blessing.

A quick catch up on what has been going on…
Tuesday: had a difficult day, but it was probably one of the most amazing days I’ve had in sometime. The Lord taught me more than I can write here. I was overwhelmed by the Lord’s goodness and grace to me. The day began incredibly hard, but it ended with me praising God for all his blessings and love to me. I had to learn some things a hard way, but I saw the Lord’s grace in so many ways.

Wednesday: Met with Joe for our ‘one-year anniversary.’ It has been an incredible blessing to have him as a brother in my life. I could write for some time how much the Lord has worked on my life through our friendship. We had lunch and I was greatly encouraged and challenged. Later in the day I was greatly encouraged by one of my friends. We had had a hard time the day before, but I now see our friendship as being far stronger than it ever has been before. I am so amazed at the Lord’s grace to me in my friendships, especially with him.

Thursday: the conference started. And, a large group of us from Hotchkiss and some other peeps went hiking out in Santa Clarita. Lots of fun. Got poison oak though. A real adventure! Played games late into the night. Went to Denny’s with Tanner, Stephen, and Josh.

Friday: the conference continued. Went hiking with my good friend John (who had been in IBEX last semester), Betsy, Jody, and Marie at Vasquez Rocks. We hiking and climbed rocks for most of the afternoon. Loads of fun!

Saturday: had brunch with Stephen, and a nice conversation. Went to Big Bear with Amy, Abi, Betsy and Hannah. It took us four hours to get there, and then Abi hurt her ankle in the first five minutes we were there. But, we had a blast! Ate at this restaurant called the “Teddy Bear CafĂ©.” Had Starbucks in Azusa. What a fun road trip!!

Sunday: church was amazing on Sunday morning and Sunday night. Went to Starbucks with John. So good to catch up. Later, went to dinner with Amy, Ally, Stephen, Brandon, Brittany, and Ben. Then, played games with Tanner, Abi, and Valinda later that night. Had a blast playing games.

Monday: had chapel (amazing! Joe talked). Had a really nice and encouraging brunch with Siona. Then, had a nice lunch with the wing and some friends. Studied for my CLEP test coming up. Went out to Starbucks with Tanner and Stephen last night.

To wrap it up…. this week has been tough at times, but through it all the Lord has been continually revealing more of Himself to me. It has been such an amazing time of learning to love the Lord ever more! I’ve had to learn a lot about friendships and how to love others, but the Lord is faithful. I would love to write all about what the Lord has been teaching me, but I have to go to class now. So, I will finish by saying the Lord is ever good and loving and gracious, and I am continually amazed by my Lord. Slava Bogu.





No comments: