Monday, January 7

A Blessed Week

These past seven days I have been blessed to spend them with my best friend Tanner. I flew up to his house in Washington on Monday morning, and we drove down yesterday (and today). I have longed to visit Washington for sometime, and Tanner invited me up during finals. The week will go down as one of my fondest memories. I am so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to go and visit my friend. I have so many great memories, I will try and share some:

December 31 - Went to Starbucks, Borders, walked the beach at Mukilteo, played an intense 4+ hour game-a-thon including shuffle board, Sorry, and foozeball, blew off poppers at midnight, and stayed up late watching a movie.

January 1 - Had one of the best conversations I've ever had (the Lord has really given me great conversations at Starbucks...) on a variety of topics. I couldn't help but praise the Lord for his amazing grace in our lives. I am so blessed to call Tanner my good friend. Played Risk, and then Tanner's mom's family came and I played games with the counsins for at least 5 hours. Watched 'Rush Hour' and 'Frequency.'

January 2 - Tanner and I missed the ferry from Edmonds to Kingston by several seconds. Visited Stephen in Kingston and went kayaking in his 'backyard.' Incredibly beautiful area. Went to Outback Steakhouse, watched the 'Fugitive' and played the old Mario Brothers for many hours. Tanner and I made it to the 4th world before we were too tired to continue.

January 3 - Went to McDonalds, went and saw 'I am Legend' at a movie theatre. Went into Seattle and went up the Space Needle. Took some awesome pictures, and then had Starbucks in Seattle. Watched 'Dirty Dozen.'

January 4 - Had pizza at Alfy's, had a nice conversation on Placerita, went to Starbucks again.

January 5 - Left Tanner's house at 5:15am and arrived at mine 18 hours later. Tanner and I braved rain, snow, darkness, sleepiness and other crazy things. I got to be outside in falling snow for the first time. Had several nice conversations along the way. Got lost for an hour near my house.

January 6 - Left my home, ate at Tomitina in Walnut Creek, followed each other down to Masters, where we arrived 5 hours later. Unpacked at ate at Panda Express. Had an amazing conversation with Tanner and Siona until 2am in the morning.

To rap it all up... I feel so blessed on this trip to have gotten to know my friend even better, to rejoice in God's grace, to reflect on the Lord's workings in our lives and in His Word, to strengthen our friendship, AND to have a complete blast. I have so many sweet memories (crossing sign, music...) from this trip.

At the Space Needle!

New Years at midnight-ish.

On the ferry.

In the snow.


At Stephen's House.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that does sound like a blessed week with Tanner, great conversations, lots of Starbucks, and good movies (like Frequency and the Fugitive). Enjoy Hotchkiss! I'll be there this weekend!