Thursday, October 11

OutReach Week

These past few weeks that I have not posted have been busy.
Last week was a good week. Had some really good talks at the beginning of the week. Visited Sarah for about 1/2 hour. Then, went to San Juan and San Clementine for an Outreach Week. My RA was co-leading the group, and it was really nice to have a week of ministry getting to hang with him, and to get the opportunity to get to know some others better. We helped serve Crossroads church in a couple ways. We helped host an Octoberfest, with pie and chili cookoffs, and a talent show, to reach out to the community. And we helped pass out flyers (about 1,000) for the night, and helped with a bible study for youths. Several of us on the team sang in church on Sunday. It was an encouragement to see the church's hospitality, and I pray we were an encouragement to the church. We had a lot of fun, and it wasn't as grueling as I had expected at all. I shared a room with my RA, and we talked for at least an hour every night. It was really encouraging to get to know him better.
This week has been a little stressful, but not overwhelming. I read a whole book in one sitting yesterday. I have about 20 pages of research papers due, and about another 15 pages of writing due in the next two weeks. About 3 full books to read and 3 midterms. But, I don't feel too crazy yet.




2 comments:

Boggy said...

So, what are all the pictures of? What are you guys doing?

Matt said...

The pictures are of our outreach team at our host house. what were we doing.. well, just being crazy =)