Thursday, July 5

Happy 5th of July

Yesterday was awesome. Started off with Elizabeth and I taking a drive down to Dublin to get some sparklers. There was a buy-one-get-one sale. Big smiles accompanied our ride home. Stopped at the Hull's house and chatted for a bit. Came back home and read Part One in "Arabian Nights." Talked to my friend. Good to talk before I leave.

Last night I thought it would be fun to go to the marina in Pittsburg. Caroline, Elizabeth and I headed down and sat next to the water. As we waited for it to get dark we noticed a large barge coming towards us... the firework barge! It stopped right in front of us not more than 50 yards from shore! We had the perfect seats. Amazing. We were literaly right on the water, so the reflection of the fireworks was just stunning, and the finale was right over our heads. So beautiful. I was giddy for a good 1/2 hour after we left. Probably the best 4th of July fireworks I'd seen. Came back to my house and played with sparklers for sometime, and then watched the Capital Fourth show. Went to bed around 2:30am.


No comments: