Sunday, April 5

Your Righteousness is like the Mighty Mountains



I was blessed to spend two days up in Bishop with two of my best friends this weekend. I had never been to the Eastern Sierra's... wow... what a beautiful area! Driving into Owen's Valley and into Bishop was incredible. I saw a peek of Mt. Whitney's peak! After being surrounded by crowded San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys... it was such a blessing to escape and go to the mountains with some dear brothers.

The mountains get above 12,000' ... that's about triple the size of Mt. Diablo! These mountains are magnificent... and its so incredible to think about how the Lord spoke them each into existence! God's power is amazing, yes? I think of the Psalm,
"Your Love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments like the great deep. Man and beast You save, O God."

We bouldered at the base of the mountains, at the Buttermilks. What amazing scenery to climb in front of! I hadn't been bouldering in over a year, but it was so much fun! I got a few boulders and it was quite a blast! Had a great time being with my buddies and talking, chilling and reading. Had a sweet time talking to my good friend on the way back home.

Today had church - main service was on God's omnipotence. Was a beautiful match to this weekend's experience. Pastor Scott talked about God's power in speaking into existence all of creation, and how we should praise Him for that awesome power! In Sunday school I got to teach the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ! Got so pumped up to share the Gospel with my kids! Oh, I love them so much, it is so humbling and exciting to share the power of God to my kids! It is so incredible to share Christ!

No comments: