Tuesday, April 14

Easter Weekend

So, I had a great weekend.

Thursday I spent about 8 hours at the Central Library in downtown Los Angeles. Probably one of my favorite places in LA next to the LACMoA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) and Walt Disney Music Hall. Found so many great resources for my papers on Robert Service (a Soviet historian) and the 1916 Kazakh Revolt. Went to a concert of Mozart's Reqium... beautiful. Fun day with my roommate Andre.

Friday I helped out the children's pastor at church. I have come to really respect the man... he's got a huge heart for the children and a passion to see the parents actively involved in their children's relationship with the Lord. Had lunch with he and his wife... so fun. Went to the Good Friday service at PBC. Then, went to Olive Garden with my best friend. Had a blast, then watched 'Blood Diamond.' He's an MK from SA, so he has an interesting insight into things African. Went back to my college days... and stayed up talking with him until 3am! haha. So nice, though! Miss living with some of my bros...

Sunday I went to G-Com with a friend for their sunrise service. Good traditional service. Then 'taught' the 2 year olds... hilarious. They are so different from my 1st and 2nd graders! Went to a pastor's house and got to fellowship with my old discipler and some really amazing people. A real blessing! Great to be at a home since I could not be at mine. Went to another family's home, and had a nice time. Then, had my two Josh's over for dinner. Love those guys. It was so nice to spend the day with my family in Christ! I missed my own, but was thankful that I'm not alone here in SoCal.

Today I had fun at Baja Fresh with Josh and Stephen. Fun to be with them both! Don't get to be with both of them together much any more... it reminded me of old times. One told me that he wished i was still in Hotchkiss... I really do miss living with a few of my brothers. But, I'm thankful for where the Lord is taking me. Maybe i'll get to live with some of them in the future.

Well, I'm stalling from writing my papers... so until later... praise Jesus for the grace He gives abundantly to those who call upon him. He gives much joy and peace when we delight and trust in Him! how amazing is that!

No comments: